Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Eulogy

Sometimes, you are forced to come to the realization that what you want from someone is never what they can give to you. It can be a brutal awakening, to be sure. In my case, I have spent the past two months of my life on a bit of a rollercoaster of my own engineering, hoping that someone who doesn't even live in the same geographic location as me can care about me more than as a friend.

 After two months of back and forth, some intense conversations, some vehement arguments, tears on my part, facebook deletions, reconciliations, a tumultuous, dizzying meeting, and a night together, all I am left with is more confusion, uneasy half-truths and the nagging feeling of being yesterday's news. I adored this boy, but he was always a dead end that I tried to turn into a highway. And when something's dead, it's time to bury it.

No comments:

Post a Comment